Thursday, March 10, 2011

Camera, Set, Action!

This week I have been finalizing my movie product, and I must say it has been an adventure!  After I had my storyboard set, I began shooting my video- with the help of some friends.  Of course, I did not have a continuous final movie product in my camera at the end, so I had to get some help from movie making tools.  I happened to use the pre-installed Movie Maker on my PC and it worked mighty fine!  There are many options out there, but thankfully computers nowadays already have a program set up- especially for people who don't create movies on a daily basis!

Movie Maker has so many tools that you can play around with.  You can add videos or pictures from your computer, outside memory, or even your webcam!  There are many options to creating a movie on there; the setup is very similar to power point, and you can most definitely create a movie with those options.  As for me, I just uploaded the short clips and pictures that I would be using.  What I also found neat, was that you can use animations to transition the clips from one to the next, or use the visual effects tab to change the image around.  Yet the tool that I most used was the cropping tool!  It really does come in handy, because sometimes there is unwanted space at the beginning or end (sometimes even in the middle) of your shots.  So you do want to take advantage of that tool!  Movie Maker was a great help to me and I know that by exploring you will enjoy it as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. Valentines Day isn’t one of my favorite holidays but your video made me like it! I like how you combined different clips to make it look like things were appearing on the table and how you told the story of how Valentines Day started was also neat. I noticed you used the panning technique while you talked about your own Valentines Day which is what was asked in the rubric. Given the circumstances of the video only allowing to be a minute long you did a fantastic job keeping it interesting and the slide transition smooth! I only have one suggestion to make it more dynamic I guess, but that is to use different angles, and views. Most of the video was just straight on head shot. Its a simple way to spice up the video but using different angles and views.

    ReplyDelete