Friday, April 1, 2011

Service Project Day 1

Hello everyone! So today I meet with young Swetha, a kindergartener at a local school.  Swetha is my new "adopted" student, with who I will be working with the next few days.  All my prior posts have been over VoiceThread, internet resources, spreadsheets, and so on.  So what I will be doing with Swetha is teaching her how she can use all this technology to learn new things.  I will also be working with Ms. Garcia who is working with Cassandra, one of Swetha's classmates.  They both are learning about the life cycles, so we decided to relate all of our findings to a frog's life cycle, which Swetha and I are working on, and a chicken's cycle, which Ms. Garcia and Cassandra are working with.  We started them off by creating a blog for them, and Swetha was very excited about her blog.  Afterward, we had Swetha and Cassandra fill out a K-W-L Chart and with that we challenged them to think of some essential questions that could apply to what we're focusing on.  Today was more of an introductory session, and next time we will get down to business!! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment